Chinese Cinderella:The story of an unwanted daughter

Source: Unknown
Every now and again the bookworm inside of me strikes, where the only thing I really feel like doing is curling up with a cup of tea and reading a book. I'm not sure if it's the cold weather that has brought this on, but the book worm has struck again and has sent me scurrying to my bookshelf in search of something I haven't read yet.


Amidst the abundance of well loved books, I found this little gem that I bought second hand from a friend of mine more than a year ago. Chinese Cinderella:The true story of an unwanted daughter, is an autobiography written by Adeline Yeh Mah, who is also the author of the New York times bestseller Falling Leaves.


The book is more than a few years old now and was published in 1999, but from the moment I picked it up I was absorbed. 


The book is set during the Second World War and is a reflection of the author's childhood from around the age of four to her early teens. As the title suggests the story is about an unwanted child who is trying to find her place in the world, and win the affections of her parents.


I really enjoyed the book, it's a quick and easy read that's well written. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on Falling Leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment