Transforming our house into a home

The last month or so has been predominantly occupied by two things, transforming our little cottage into a home, and finding a job. Although I have not had much success in regards to the latter, the transformation of the cottage is well on its way. And I can't wait to show you!
How cool are these Roses? They are real, but have gone through some kind of chemical treatment so they last for at least 6months as long as you DON'T water them. They set me back R35 a stem, but I recon that's well worth it when you consider how much 'real' roses cost and they fact that they only last a week if you're lucky. I bought these from a woman based in Port Elizabeth, you can email her at elsavanwyk@telkomsa.net
The vase is from Mr. Price home and cost R130 if I remember correctly.



I have to say the thing I splurged most on was cushions. If you stepped into Hullabaloo in Port Elizabeth, you'd understand why. Hullabaloo has got to be my favorite shop at the moment, the staff are so helpful, the product quality is fantastic and there's a little something to suit everyone's taste. 
This pot/ urn is another little treasure I found at Hallabaloo, it's an early birthday pressie from my soon-to-be mother-in-law, and I'm totally in love with it. 

The canvas is from @home, and is hand painted. It's especially close to my heart as it was an engagement gift to Charlie Brown and I from his mom and dad. <3
So that's all for now, what do you think?


1 comment:

  1. yay I've been missing this!! Soon to be?

    ReplyDelete