Turning 25: my quarter life crisis!


On the 28th of May I turned 25. twenty five. OMG TWENTY FIVE! I would be lying if I were to tell you it was a birthday I was looking forward to. In no uncertain terms it was not. In reality is there any difference between being 24 and 364 days old and being 25. I mean there shouldn't be, but I just wasn't ready to face that quarter-of-a-century milestone.

I saw the above picture on Facebook the other day and it just resonated so loudly with me. Having always been such an organised and planned person, I have to wonder how exactly I got to the point where I am now (which if you're wondering, is desperately just trying to stay afloat.) I guess I just thought I'd have more life answers, you know?!

Anyway, the point is that I don't. I don't have all the answers I thought I would. I don't know where I'm going to be living in 6 months time, and I don't know where I'll be working, or what I'll be doing. I don't know if Charlie will have been accepted into masters, or where he will be accepted if he does get in. And all these big unknowns make me panic.

But I feel life is trying to teach me a lesson, and that lesson is to be patient. There is a plan in place, I just don't know what it is yet, and maybe while I'm waiting for all of my questions to be answered (and don't worry I realise that all of lifes questions will never all be answered). I should focus on the ones that already are. Like knowing I have an amazing fiance, that I have a lovely place to live, the cutest little puppy ever and family and friends who love me.

I think that the thing to realise is that no-one has all the answers, and no-ones life is perfect, but the key to being happy about where you are in life is about trying to focus on all the positives and good, even though that's often easier said than done. So if I have one goal for my year of being 25, it's going to be to be patient and focus on the good.




No comments:

Post a Comment