30 Days of me: Day 12


I've been revoltingly busy at work at the moment, and my poor little blog has been neglected, so I'm a little behind with the 30 day challenge, but never mind, hopefully next week will be a little quieter.

Moving along, todays challenge is to write about how I found out about blogger and why I chose to make my own blog.

Well it all started at the beginning of this year when I took an Internet and Web design course through Unisa. Our final assignment was to create our own website, which I did, you can go have a peak at it if you like, The Binki Box. The Binki Box is basically my personal online graphic design portfolio where I showcase some of my work. When the course finished I found myself really missing working on my online identity and keeping myself busy. I had heard of the blogging world several years before while studying journalism and thought "hey, why not give it a try!"

I have quite a lot of spare time on my hands at work, in-between classes, and blogging has kept me out of mischief and leaves me feeling more like I've accomplished something at the end of the day.

It's such a great way to meet new people, share with others, learn, showcase my photography and touch up on my writing skills.

So there you have it, the story behind why I decided to make my own blog. As for how I found out about blogger, I google searched something along the lines of "how to make your own blog" and blogger was the first thing that caught my eye.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the info on how to make your own blog. I would love to do this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment Wynne!

    ReplyDelete