My 5 favourite technological friends


There are a few materialistic items that I can shamelessly say I just couldn’t live without…well, I mean, literally I obviously could live without them, but realistically my life would be a much more boring place without them.
Because I love them so much, I thought I’d share them with you.

No. 1
Although all of the items in this post are in a close race for first prize, I’m going to have to give it to my Macbook pro. Firstly, because it is quite possibly the most expensive item I own, and secondly there is hardly a day that goes by where I don’t get some form of use out of it.
Source:Apple macbook pro15
No. 2
Second on my list is my newest little friend, the Canon  EOS D600 A.K.A the Rebel T3i. Although the camera has only been in my life for approximately three weeks now I’m not really sure how I ever lived without it. It makes even the most boring of walks exciting, with every outing transformed into a new photo opportunity.
Although I have always been interested in photography, this little beauty has awoken my inner-photographer. So watch this space for more on aperture, ISO and shutter speed (which I currently know very little about) and hopefully we can learn together.
Source: Canon EOS D600
No. 3
A close third on my list is another camera; this time it’s the Canon Power Shot S95. Purchased for me as a Christmas gift in 2010 by my amazing mum and perfect Fiancé.
At less than half the price of the Canon D600, and probably less than a third of the size, this little point and shoot goes everywhere with me in my handbag so that I never miss a photo opportunity. Its amazing functions give me a lot of the control I get with a DSLR but without the hassle of lugging a big thing with me everywhere I go.
Source:Canon PowerShot S95
No. 4
Next on my list of technological items I can’t go without is my Wacom Intuos tablet. If you’re unsure what a Wacom tablet is, never fear. Up until about a year ago I didn’t have a clue either. Effectively its an electronic drawing pad. You attach it to your computer via a USB to mini USB, open a program like Photoshop and away you go. It comes with an electronic pen and several different types of pen nibs. Great for getting those creative juices flowing, without the mess or fuss of paints, paper, easels and what not. I also use it in a lot of my Photoshop and Illustrator work.
Source: Wacom Intuos 4 
No. 5
My Sony PRS-505 e-reader comes 5th on the list. It’s so compact and small and allows me to take 100’s if not 1000’s of books with me wherever I go.
E-readers such as this and the Kindle, to name but a few, make use of a special technology called e-ink which doesn’t harm your eyes as much as it does staring at a computer screen all day.
Source: Sony PRS-505 E-Reader

I would love to hear about some of your technological favorites so feel free to comment.




No comments:

Post a Comment