My love for competitions and my dad

My dad!
My step-dad came into my life when I was around 3 or 4 years old (maybe a little younger even), there is a whole story behind how he came to be my dad, but I'll leave that story for another time. Most fairy tales include an evil and wicked step parent, mine luckily did not. My step dad (only refered to as daddy) is just one of the most genuinely amazing people you could ever wish to meet, and I feel so blessed to have him in my life.

My dad, among many things, is a total competition floozy.  It doesn't matter what you have to do to enter, or what you could potentially win, he'll be sure to enter. And don't worry, his pursuits aren't in vain, as he has won several pretty (hmmm, what word to use...) splendid prizes, including, a years supply of pies, a car, a scooter, a soccer-ball decorated weber braai/BBQ, and the list just goes on.

This random huge fluffy toy was won by my dad after entering a competition on the back of a toilet-paper pack.
I have so many childhood memories of sitting with my dad on the floor while he paged through newspapers or magazines clipping out entry forms and filling them in. Or walking down supermarket isles buying dozens of a product (that we would probably find little use for) just to enter the promotional competition attached.

He's always been lucky, and as he often quotes "you've gotta be in it to win it." I guess his little hobby has rubbed off on me, and now I too struggle to pass a competition without entering it.

Hence the reason for me often posting competition information that I've seen on other blogs or around the internet. Which reminds me, have you seen this cool Hostel bookers 25 days of Christmas give away? If not go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment