2012 is going to be a huge year of change for me, well we, Charlie and I. I'm leaving the comfort and safety of a well paying and easy job in Korea, moving back to South Africa to look for my first "real" job (I mean I guess that's not fair, teaching in Korea was a real job, its just that its not what I want to do with the rest of my life, so I'm going to rephrase that as look for my first career job, doing what I studied to do, well hopefully!) We're going from living independently to staying in the cottage on Charlie Brown's parents land which they have generously lent us until we find our feet. Staying in a new town I've never lived in before. Charlie applying to masters. I just feel that everything is up in the air and there is very little certainty. I'm totally excited about our new adventures and new challenges but at the same time if I'm honest with you and myself, I'm pretty adverse to change.
Anyway, with all this change floating around here's my list:
- Worry less in general!
- Get a job that inspires me and encourages me to grow (I've felt a little stagnant here)
- Blog more and get more followers
- Give Charlie more hugs and kisses ( he's so wonderful and I never want him to forget how much he means to me)
- Take time to appreciate life
- Alway place travel as a priority in life
- Spend as much time with family as possible (spending two years away from them was two years to many)
- Take more photos!
- Be less hard on myself and more confident in all regards
- Be more healthy
- Get a pet, a puppy hopefully, we want a little french bulldog desperately
- Floss more, its definitely something I have to work on
- Be as happy as possible because I really believe that you are in charge of your own happiness
I can tell 2012 is going to be a special year, I've always been lucky and with my awesome support system by my side I know everything and anything is possible.
Care to share your goals for 2012?