*Everything happens for a reason*

For the last few months our every movement has been dependent on whether or not Charlie would get into Clinical Psych Masters or not, and if so where!?

The whole process is a huge waiting game, from sending in your application, to waiting for a reply, to hopefully getting an interview, to then hopefully going on the so called interview and hopefully the next few after that, to even more hopefully getting in. It's been hurry up and wait for us since March. Something we thought we were adequately prepared for.

However when the clouds felt as though they were losing their silver lining, and phrases like "everything happens for a reason" became an every day occurrence, the few months we had previously made peace with, started looking like another full year (if not more) of playing the waiting game.

All things changed however, when Charlie went to interview with the last university he had received an invite too. 5 days of interviews, a roller coster of emotions and the happiest, proudest Charlie I had ever seen, he'd made it in to the top 12 Clinical Psych Masters class for 2013.

I can honestly say that it was truly one of the happiest days of my life. My fiance had achieved something he had been working towards his whole life. He was ecstatic, I was overjoyed. Life is perfect.

After a few days of floating on cloud nine, reality sinks in (in a good way) and Charlie and I had to start considering all the things we would have to sort out before starting the Uni year in January. Top of our list, me find job, us find new house, us get second car!

Well my big news is that as of last week I officially have a new job in Joburg, and in three weeks time we will be packing up our worldly possessions and heading to Gauteng! Charlie is on the hunt for a new apartment, whilst I finish up working at my current job! And a new car will hopefully be on the cards within the week.

If you told me even three weeks ago that we would be where we are now, I would never have believed you. Sometimes it really feels that life knows how to pack those punches. I've always thought I was a believer in "everything happens for a reason" but a few weeks ago I had really begun second guessing that little motto.

It's easy to say in hindsight, now that everything has worked out even better than we could have ever hoped for, but when I think back on little things that have occurred all year, that have ultimately lead us to where we are, I am more of a believer in that little saying than ever.

So if you're having a bit of a rough time at the moment- don't worry, EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

XOX




1 comment: